Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My comp. will not use over 8 gbs of ram, when i have 32 gbs.

Solved 
Tags
ram issue
780 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
hi. I have a problem. my computer doesn't want to exceed over 8 gbs of ram even though I have much more to offer. for example, I play a game called rust. I have not seen it to this day exceed more than 10gbs ever. (but about 99.9% of the time it hovers at 8gbs.) while this may not sound like a problem, rust is a VERY heavy game and needs ATLEAST 10 gbs to be "playable", or at least I have read that on what I believe I remember is on face punch's (creators) official site. so, I get 9 fps on a 3d game where competitive aim is required. help. these are the specs the Sysinfo utility showed me:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 12
RAM: 32612 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (141 GB Free); D: 931 GB (470 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., PRIME B360M-A
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

I really need a fix please, thanks much.

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you have all the drivers for your mobo installed? Did you disable your onboard GPU in the BIOS? The one on your CPU. Do you have the XMP setting enabled in the BIOS?

FYI: Your GPU is an entry level card, you might want to consider upgrading that to a 1070/1080 or the new RTX series, a 2070.

#4 ·
Your computer appears to have a very impressive performing Intel processor and NVIDIA graphics card.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Number
Font Rectangle Circle Magenta Art

As you have already said, your computer has 32 GB of DDR4 RAM.
According to its log, 31.84 GB of it is usable by its Windows operating system.

I'm not aware of how you can force an app to use more physical RAM that it wants to.
If there's a way to do it, one of the hardware/gaming experts here can advise you how to.

Do you have the most current driver (441.20) installed for that graphics card?

-------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
no, I believe I do not Flavallee. however, I am downloading it right now. and bassfisher, I have friends with 16 gigs of ram and 1050 graphics cards that get over 60 fps, which I feel like is enough for me. yet, I still get an almost unplayable fraction of that amount.

#6 ·
I had downloaded it, but it didn't change my fps. instead, I noticed an increase in the graphics quality, which is great and all, but doesn't help. do you know any way for me to get ahold of one of the hardware/gaming experts here Flavallee? or anyone for the matter.

#7 ·
bassfisher6522 has replied to you, but I don't know if he's a hardware/gaming expert.

I'm sure some of the hardware/gaming experts here have read your thread, but it's their choice whether to jump in.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.