Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can i upgrade my ram into 16 gb

Solved 
342 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
my laptop is hp pro book 450 g2
The Intel Core i5-5200U is an ULV (ultra low voltage) dual-core processor based on the Broadwell architecture, which has been launched in January 2015. In addition to two CPU cores with Hyper-Threading clocked at 2.2 - 2.7 GHz (2 Cores: 2.5 GHz), the chip also integrates an HD Graphics 5500 GPU and a dual-channel DDR3(L)-1600 memory controller. The Core i5 is manufactured in a 14 nm process with FinFET transistors.

Now i want to khow , its come with 4 gb 1600 mhz ram.
can i upgrade my ram into 16 gb or how much less. and want to khow which specific ram i need to buy

#2 ·
Hi mostakim, and welcome to TSG.

Please confirm that this is the correct specifications page for your computer.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-450-g2-notebook-pc/6943826/document/c04355112#AbT1

If this is the correct specifications page, the Memory section of the Product Features shows:

Maximum
  • Upgradeable to 16384 MB with optional 8192 MB SODIMMs in slots 1 and 2
Dual-channel
  • Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.
note:
Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to ensure compatibility. If you mix memory speeds, the system will perform at the lower memory speed. With Windows Starter 32-bit operating systems, the amount of usable memory is dependent upon your configuration, so that above 3 GB all memory may not be available due to system resource requirements.
Please confirm that this Adobe Acrobat PDF file is the correct Maintenance and Service Guide for your computer:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763183

Page 41 of that manual shows the 8GB Memory module as:
8-GB (PC3L-12800, 1600-MHz, DDR3L) - H-P Spare Parts # 693374-001
Note that third-party memory module manufacturers may also offer suitable memory modules. You should make sure that they certify their product will work with your specific model computer.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763183

#4 ·
I do not understand your question.
16 mb = 0.016 gb

If the previously linked documents are correct, you can replace the current two pieces of 4 Gb RAM modules with two pieces of HP Part # 693374-001 8 Gb RAM modules. I was not able to quickly find a source of these original H-P parts. You will need to do your own research to find the original H-P parts or find a compatible third-party supplier. I cannot recommend any specific third-party supplier or part number.

#7 ·
According to the specifications in my previously linked document, that computer will support a total of 16 GB of RAM using two H-P Spare Parts # 693374-001 8-GB (PC3L-12800, 1600-MHz, DDR3L) modules. The seller in your Amazon link is listed as HP and the product description includes the HP 693374-001 part number. I would say there is a very good chance that the parts in the listing should work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.