Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rd party Firewall

Solved 
293 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have just read somewhere that even if I have 3rd party firewall that I should leave Windows Firewall turned on. This contradicts what I have read elsewhere and goes contrary to evidence. I have tried to search online but all I seem to get are results that are biased toward MS and data collection.

Right now with just simplewall firewall i have ZERO network activity. The moment anything wishes to connect to the internet i get a pop up and options to block, allow or trust.

Its perfect, its transparent, its powerful and its secure.

Could someone confirm that the tons of messages and indicators from windows security center telling me my machine is insecure .....are they bogus 'Use Edge' type messages rather than genuine security issues?

Thanks,

GS

#4 ·
Yes that was my understanding.

So all indications are yes they are bogus security messages.

MS is worse than the hacker who simply wants to sell your data. They pretend that they are there for your security when they are actively eroding it. Unless you completely submit to their outrageous transgressions on privacy and liberty your machine is a broken unsafe mess.

Case in point - I have turned off all data telemetry using power shell, used a 3rd party firewall that actually gives you control and what does MS do? They release an update that undid the telemetry and borked my firewall settings so that now their data slurping is balled up with essential security updates.

You cant have one without the other they said! That's how much they care about your security.

Filthy disgusting liars.

#6 ·
Hmm.. i don't think so. I have other security programs and it seems happy with it and doesn't say im not secure.

I haven't heard of SimpleWall myself. And judging by the looks of it (there is 2, but I am guessing it's the HenryPP+ one and not the one for small/med businesses) it probably doesn't get noticed by Windows / or registers as a security/firewall with Windows.

Having said that, MS has done a few things that are annoying (Trying to keep control of PDFs instead of Adobe for one, not allowing IT Admins to customize toolbars easily, etc) but security IMO is not something they will be messing with. Windows Defender is a solid program.

#7 ·
I wish to use defender. I agree in the most part. However I can't use defender right now without submitting to data collection and giving MS free reign over my machine to do as it pleases. Its absurd going off recent MS behaviour for me to trust them at all.

Forced roll out of Windows 10
Forced bloatware
Forced data slurping
Labyrinth of privacy options that are quite obviously obfuscated so the average user gives them everything. The unusual user is still forced to give them most of their info.

Their behaviour is outrageous and I can't believe people have just accepted it. They've lied and demonstrated a complete lack of regard for the user and for what purpose?

Is it monetary? Or about control of the internet?

IMO its only a matter off time before they start de-platforming people from Windows for political, social or any other convenient reason they may have at that particular time.

Windows 10 is an abomination.

#9 ·
For many practical reasons in addition to the fact they'll only come after that one day.

Right, that's quite enough from me.

Ive somehow gone from not being able to update defender to being on the verge of a digital dark age.

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry for the rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.