Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP ink cartridges

996 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8108 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 919 GB (760 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 088DT1
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I have an HP C6000 printer. When the printer says a cartridge is out of ink, is there a way to "fool" the printer that the cartridge has ink? I had some schemes printed up, but I lost them and can't google a solution. Will someone give me some solutions to this problem please?

Henry

#4 · (Edited)
Neither of those 2 numbers is of any help in identifying your "HP C6000" printer.

All HP computers and printers have a label/sticker with its model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N).

Is your printer by any chance a HP Photosmart C6000 series model?

----------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
Neither of those 2 numbers is of any help in identifying your "HP C6000" printer.

All HP computers and printers have a label/sticker with its model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N).

Is your printer by any chance a HP Photosmart C6000 series model?
The printer is an HP Photosmart C6000 series model.

I think the serial number is CC985-00002 Rev A

I couldn't find any other numbers, I looked on the bottom of the printer.

#12 ·
#13 · (Edited)
According to that serial number, you have THIS HP Photosmart C6280 All-In-One Printer (CC988A).

The full feature software driver package (13.1.0) for it for Windows 7 is dated October 2009, so it's a very old printer.

HERE is the HP shopping site that lists the ink cartridges that are used in that printer.

Your printer's support site advises to replace an "out of ink" cartridge with a genuine HP replacement.
It doesn't provide any methods or tricks to bypass that issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#14 ·
According to that serial number, you have THIS HP Photosmart C6280 All-In-One Printer (CC988A).

The full feature software driver package (13.1.0) for it for Windows 7 is dated October 2009, so that's a very old printer.

HERE is the HP shopping site that lists the ink cartridges that are used in that printer.

Your printer's support site advises to replace an "out of ink" cartridge with a genuine HP replacement.
It doesn't provide any methods or tricks to bypass that issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------
So back to my original question. When the printer says a cartridge is out of ink, is there a way to "fool" the printer that the cartridge has ink? I had some schemes printed up, but I lost them and can't google a solution.

#15 ·
None that I know of.....I just keep using the printer until the ink runs out then change it. I don't bother with any of the ink level stuff as most of the time it's off anyway.

Right now my HP 5610v AIO software says I'm out of ink and I know I have ink in the cartridge. How do I know....it still prints normally. It's kind of like running a car on E.....you know you need some fuel but push it 10, 20 or 30 more miles.

#16 ·
None that I know of.....I just keep using the printer until the ink runs out then change it. I don't bother with any of the ink level stuff as most of the time it's off anyway.

Right now my HP 5610v AIO software says I'm out of ink and I know I have ink in the cartridge. How do I know....it still prints normally. It's kind of like running a car on E.....you know you need some fuel but push it 10, 20 or 30 more miles.
Problem with my printer is that it won't print when the printer says one of the cartridges is out of ink. So I'm looking for a way to "fool" the printer into thinking the cartridge still has ink. It also won't print if the printer says one of the cartridges is out of date. In both cases, the cartridges have ink in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.