Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrade help after win7 to windows 10

Solved 
845 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
I used that media creation to upgrade my windows 7 computer to windows 10. It is hp with and phenom2 from 2012. It keeps shutting down with error from the raid xpert. It runs fine and has all specs. Except this error. I have seen newer drivers for raid expert but not sure if I should install. I have the last bios from hp made in it . Any help?

#5 ·
Based on the information that you provided, you appear to have a HP Pavilion Elite h8-1050z Desktop PC
https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...-pc-series/5080764/model/5117786/product-info

It appears to be a custom-to-order model which was introduced in May 2011 and came with Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional or Ultimate 64-bit.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02836968#AbT4

Its driver downloads section does NOT have drivers for Windows 10 64-bit, so that means HP did not test it to run that operating system.
However, that doesn't mean it can't run that operating system.

I'm not familiar with the RAIDXpert.exe (or similar name) running process, but it supposedly doesn't need to load and run all the time.
Depending on whether it's located in the "Startup" list or in the "Services" list, try disabling it in the startup list or changing its startup type to Manual or Disabled in the services list.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
Ok thanks
I think I need a newer
Sata controller driver for
AMD 785G chipset
Off system above it shows that it in raid expert for problem it showed same in 2015 when offered 10 upgrade.
Can you help me with download link so i make sure I get right one?
I also believe that I need to do a clean install after files are messed up

#10 ·
A "clean" install of Windows 10 would probably be more successful because it doesn't carry over debris and issues from Windows 7 into Windows 10 like an "upgrade" install does.
It also gives the computer a clean, fresh start.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#12 ·
There's no way of knowing for sure until you do a clean install of Windows 10.

Windows 10 is very good at providing device drivers during the install process, and then afterwards with Windows Update, but there's no guarantee that all devices will work properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.