Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blocked out of my hotmail account

861 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
I have been blocked from my hotmail account as i havent used it in a while. In order to varify who i am i can either be sent a text or answer questions. I set up my account 20 yrs ago and the number registered is an old number so text is out. When i fill in the form i am being told i have not answer enough info. I cant answer with any of my contacts details cause they r saved in my account which i cant access. I am locked out as i havent used it in a while so god only knows the subject lines of my last emails. Got no chance of remembering my address from twenty yrs ago and they r asking me a privacy question i have no answer to cause my mum doesnt have a middle name. I have gone to microsoft support website and basically end up being told i need to talk to some one when i click the link turns i have to email them and it takes me through to my email log in page which i cant log in on. Ahhhhh help me please

#2 ·
Email them using a currently active account for which you have not forgotten the password. I'm pretty sure that no one here knows your old address or what answers you used for the security questions or any of your other information that you do not know so I am going to close this thread.

#3 ·
I've reopened the thread. There likely isn't much else that can be suggested but this link may be helpful:

https://askleo.com/how-do-i-get-int...t-if-i-dont-have-the-recovery-phone-or-email/

If they are asking about your mother's middle name it's because you set that up as a security question. Did you try "none" as the answer?

I know the barn has already left the horse but it's the user's responsibility to set up security measures and keep them current so these things don't happen. Failing to do that could mean the account is lost forever.

#4 ·
Thanks for your help. I am at a loss because I have no details on their to keep current. I certainly never had to enter my home address when setting up the account, and (sorry it wasnt my mum) answer questions regarding my first childs middle name as i am 38 and childless. The only questions that i could possibly answer are regarding info stored in my account (subjects of recent emails/ contacts email address etc) info i cant access and has nothing to do with me not keeping my security measures up to date. Im sorry but i am at a real loss, this must have happened to some else. I cant believe how flawed this is, and why when i ask for support via microsoft website can i only do this using my microsoft account. Don't they understand that if my account was working i wouldnt be asking for help. Im asking for help cause it isnt working so how do they expected me to use it. Sorry but im going round in circles.

#6 ·
You have to understand that this is to protect user accounts. It stands to reason that if you can't answer anything they ask they shouldn't allow you access. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone else to access your account with very little information.

Try the contact link zebanovich has posted and see if you get a response there.

#9 ·
I do understand y
You have to understand that this is to protect user accounts. It stands to reason that if you can't answer anything they ask they shouldn't allow you access. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone else to access your account with very little information.

Try the contact link zebanovich has posted and see if you get a response there.
I do understand that, i am sorry if i am coming across as stupid. I am all for security measures but they are asking me questions that i can not possibly answer and there is no way to contact them. The link above is what i have been dealing with, u only enter a different email address to get a varification code not for them to contact you through. Once u enter the code ur taken to a link to email them and that brings up my hotmail login page. I am sorry i have not used my hotmail account for 6 months due to illness. I am finally better and want to look for work and everything i need is saved in that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.