Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Factory reset went bad

890 views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
So I bought a house laptop with Windows 10 from an auction house and when I got it home I factory reset due to it had been locked with a password. And it was working perfectly but I accidentally deleted a game that was on there by the factory and so I thought that if I factory reset it it would be back on there so I started the process of the factory reset again and then it was taking double the time then it did the first time. So I turned off the computer. Now all it wants to do is turn off and turn itself back on. I have tried to factory reset it again but it gets up to 54 % and says something went wrong with the reset

#2 ·
Because you manually shut down your laptop while it was factory resetting, you probably damaged its built-in factory reset partition.
That's a big price to pay for the sake of retrieving a game.

What's the brand name and model name and model number and serial number of your laptop?
Once it's correctly identified and we can hopefully locate its support site, it'll be easier to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
According to that serial number, you have THIS HP 15-f233wm Notebook PC.
According to its warranty and product specifications sections, it was purchased new in January 2016 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
You can purchase the Windows 10 64-bit recovery kit for it from HERE or HERE by following and completing the required instructions.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#11 ·
#13 ·
When you run either USB option (from Walmart or the Media Creation Tool), it will bypass what the hard drive has and reinstalls Windows 10 from the USB... Windows 10 that I know of does not have a welcome screen, just the windows logo and a circle before it goes to the login screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.