Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefox running super slow...

Solved 
887 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
For the past few days, Firefox has been beyond SLOW! I kept getting a message that a script or web page was slowing down my browser...do you want to wait or stop it. I don't know anything about drivers (I read that might be something to look into). Any ideas on what to do? I'm not very computer literate, but would greatly appreciate your help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190826023123.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 684 GB (602 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 02TKW1, ver A00, s/n 9P8QQZ1.CN1296641R001D.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1, s/n 9P8QQZ1
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Enabled and Updated

#4 ·
Just close FireFox and restart Firefox without pressing anything else.

So first I would suggest checking your Extensions:

Disable all extensions
To determine whether a faulty extension is causing your problem, you can disable all of your installed extensions:

1. Click the menu button
    , click
    Add-ons and select Extensions.
  2. For any extension listed as Enabled, click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon and select Disable.
    The extension will be moved to the Disabled list.
  3. Repeat this for each of the other extensions.
  4. When all extensions are disabled, close Firefox:
    Click the Firefox menu
    and select Exit.
  5. Start Firefox the way you normally do.
When you restart Firefox, all extensions will be disabled.

Test for your problem. If the problem no longer occurs with all extensions disabled, one of your extensions was causing it. To find the extension that was causing your problem, continue as follows:

Test for faulty extensions
To determine which of your disabled extensions was causing your problem, you can re-enable each extension one at a time.

1. Click the menu button
    , click
    Add-ons and select Extensions.
  2. Click the ellipsis (3-dot) icon and select Enable to enable the extension.
  3. Close Firefox:
    Click the Firefox menu
    and select Exit.
  4. Start Firefox the way you normally do.
After you restart Firefox, test for your problem. If the problem comes back, the extension you just enabled was causing it.

#7 ·
I'm so sorry, I'm not sure. I had mostly shopping ones (wikibuy, Honey, Emoji cheatsheet for GitHub). So I disabled and deleted them. I kept privacy badger and Rakuten formerly Ebates. I didn't know how to figure out which one was causing the problem. I'm sorry! I'm so clueless when trying to fix computer problems. I did the restart and haven't seen that message. I wish I could tell you more. Thanks again for all your advice. **You're dog is so cute, not sure if it's your dog though.

#8 ·
No problem. In the future if you have the asme issue once you see things are fine with no add-ons or plug-ins then you enable one at a time then close the browser and reopen it then wait a while to see if the problem happens again. If not you can enable a second one and so on.

From one dog lover to another, thanks for your kind comment about my dog Brandy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.