Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

L500-1XJ max RAM?

227 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  winpc 
#1 ·
Toshiba Satellite laptop

Can't find any hard info whether the max RAM is 4GB or 8GB. Does anyone know for sure?

Currently has 3GB but going to move to W10 so may as well install the max RAM possible but I'm buying 2x4GB if the max is 4GB.

#2 ·
You have two slots and crucial says max ram 4GB, So that is 2-2GB sticks, Has one 1GB and 1-2GB stick now. You need to get the number off the 2GB stick and look on ebay for identical stick. Moving to Windows 10 will be a experiment, the laptop is probably unsupported. I would be better to invest in a new laptop. Toshiba doesn't make laptops anymore. What windows do you have now? 32Bit or 64 bit? Since you can't put in more than 4GB you might stay with windows 10 32bit.

#4 ·
They sold their info to Dynabook, Here is a link for L500, you can put the product number in the box for more accurate results, https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=PSLU0U-0NG039
I have a 2014 Toshiba laptop that I upgraded to 16GB of ram and an SSD, runs better than new, (windows 8.1). Mine was new enough to be upgradeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.