Status
Not open for further replies.

Desktop icons moved/missing

Solved 
Tags
icons gone
884 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  dummy6mm 
#1 ·
I recently downloaded a program from CDE Software, BLS-2020 (bowling secretary program). It will only run at 1024X768 resolution. I had my resolution at 1280X720. After changing resolution a couple of times, all my desktop icons are gone. I think they have moved sideways off the screen. I can see part of one, almost looks as though they are all stacked on top of each other other. Won't drag over to center of desktop. I can still access everything using the menu. Tried system restore, won't finish because it can't access a file. I'm running Win 10 on a Lenovo.

#3 ·
Thanks for your time and answer, DaveA, but I've already done that several times. I've also made sure I'm in desktop mode and not tablet mode. I had seen something elsewhere that said the icon spacing in the registry was way off. I have no experience going that deep, but will if it seems to be the last option.

#6 ·
What happens when you change the resolution back to 1280X720?
Do the icons reappear?

Also try
Close all active windows on your PC.

To activate the desktop, left click on a blank space on the desktop (make sure no icon is selected or clicked).

Now press down the CTRL key on the keyboard. Without letting go of it, scroll upwards or downwards with the mouse roller/wheel. With every motion towards either side, you will see the desktop icons change in size as well as their spacing horizontally and vertically. Scrolling up enlarges the desktop icon spacing while scrolling downwards reduces them. Once you see the setting that you prefer, let go of the CTRL key.[/quote from https://appuals.com/desktop-icon-spacing-in-windows-10/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.