Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changing title of google doc on Samsung S9+?

Solved 
853 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
I use Google Drive/Docs all the time on my phone....somehow this seems like the first time I've needed to change the title of a document, but I can't find the "rename" option. I did some online research, but nothing worked. Obviously the "workaround" is just come home then change it instantly on my desktop or laptop. But I'd really like to know how to do this on my phone. Thanks for what I assume will be a painfully simple and obvious solution I'm missing.

#2 ·
Hi bj nick,
When viewing your list of documents simply select the 3 dots (ellipses or more) icon and select the rename option.
Cheers, TXjim

#3 ·
Nope! First thing I tried, but the "rename" option is not offered. I tried literally EVERYWHERE and could not find that option. I tried on my Google Drive, on the site (docs.google), all of that. It's gotta be somewhere......

#4 ·
Hi bj nick,
Do you own the file or has it been shared with you? If shared you will need to ask the owner for edit privilege. Otherwise, you can copy the document and name it as you prefer.

Please keep us informed by updating us on your progress as your solution will assist others in this forum experiencing similar or the same challenge.
Cheers, TXjim

#5 ·
I own the file.....it's just a regular 'ol Google doc. I wanted to take some notes, so I created a new doc, entered a lot of details over the next few days (conference), and found myself unable to change the title. like I said, I explored this online, looked everywhere on the phone, settings, etc, to no avail. Of COURSE when I get to my computer, I can change the title in two seconds.....but it's annoying not to be able to do it on my phone.....the computer is not always nearby or available. If anyone can figure this out, that would be great.

#6 ·
Rectangle Font Handwriting Circle Electric blue

This is from Google. So to confirm, you go into the GoogleDocs application, open the file, then click on More > Rename but Rename is not available?

Then make sure that the Google apps are up to date, then the next step is to remove them, then reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.