Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethernet Cable Problems

Solved 
675 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
Hey, my name is Nate, I'm currently living in a dorm at a college campus. Right now I'm having trouble with my ethernet cord that is connected to my PC. I don't know if it is the ethernet cord or if its even a hardware question, however, I'm hoping that somebody can help. Right now it says I'm connected to the internet in network settings. It pops up as "You're connected to the internet" and above that is "Ethernet 2 Public Network." Weirdly enough, I can restart my PC and right when it restarts, the internet and everything works for maybe 10 seconds and then it goes back down. This problem has been in fruition for about a couple of weeks now. A month ago it was working perfectly fine, zero problems. I highly doubt its the ethernet cord itself as it works on my Xbox console. If anybody has a fix or might know the problem, please let me know, thanks.

#2 ·
You have network connectivity, so it's not the network card or the cable.

Most likely, the local IT department has restricted that port. If it's like other dorms, you likely need to register for network access. Sounds like network access has been disabled. Contact your local IT department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.