Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

USB issues!!

Tags
usb 2.0
3K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  tintex 
#1 ·
I've had problems I believe with my usb ports not keeping data, music files on my usb devices. When I copy files over and then disconnect and reconnect device back into port only some files are copied whilst many others are now missing. Can you help me understand why and if this issue can be resolved somehow please??

#36 ·
Yes I do always right click bottom icon to eject my usb hardware and then remove from usb port..what do u think is my laptop's usb ports become corrupt etc. Would I then have to take to a local computer repair or tech support unless I can do it via remote access with tech expert?

#37 ·
I've never heard of a USB port becoming corrupt. They either work or they don't.
Perhaps you have malware on the computer that affects whatever you plug into it.

Since the USB ports are built into a motherboard, the fix for this would be to replace the motherboard. That isn't cheap, providing the same motherboard is still available.

#38 ·
I've tried the usb devices and external hdd on my dad's laptop..they failed to be honest so it could well be my usb sticks etc..maybe it right to take usb devices or external HDD into s computer repair shop. They'll be able to test on their machine eh. Let me know what u think?

#39 ·
Falling short of the quality of the sticks, it's possible that you may have an issue with the USB ports, but I haven't seen this particular issue.

Try formatting them again but this time, copy different files (not your music files) and see if you have the same issue. If you don't then the issue is most likely with the music files.
Thanks, the issue was that it was taken out of the USB port prematurely. And was no longer being recognized anymore. But I loaded win 10 on a brand new laptop and I plugged it in and formatted it and it worked. But that is far from the initial problem. I was trying to make a Bootable Scandisk Card. So I could load Kali from it. But I have been bouncing around doing different things in the mean time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.