Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

adobe creative cloud desktop frustration

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191001220626.000000-480
Processor: AMD A4-9120 RADEON R3, 4 COMPUTE CORES 2C+2G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 112 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R3 Graphics, 512 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (865 GB Free);
Motherboard: SR Squirtle_SR, ver V1.02, s/n NBGNV11006738174257600
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 1, s/n NXGNVAA010738174257600
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Hi, it's been a while since I have needed your help. Hope you can give me advice on this.
Somehow i managed to get the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop installed on my computer, (probably when I signed up for a free trial of something?) and can't get it off. It starts up when I start the computer, (it is in my startup folder i assume), and really slows down everything.
I have no idea how to access the startup folder in windows 10, and when I try to uninstall it, it says other things are using it and won't take it off.
Any advice? I don't know what other programs are using it, or I would uninstall them too. This is totally frustrating to me, I don't like programs shoved down my throat, so to speak, or put on without my knowledge.
Thank you for any suggestions you may have

See less See more
#3 ·
I must apologize, but i now remember why I installed it...so i could take some pictures off my phone and put them on my computer (which I still can't seem to do, but that's another post). So I'm thinking I should leave it on. Plus, uninstalling looks pretty ominous, like i shouldn't do it unless i really need to?

#4 ·
So i could take some pictures off my phone and put them on my computer (which I still can't seem to do, but that's another post). So I'm thinking I should leave it on.
I am not sure if you mean TAKE OFF the phone and put them on the computer
OR copy from the phone to the computer, but usually whichever you mean, by far the easiest way is to connect the phone to the computer by USB
You can presumably if you wish do it with Bluetooth, but that is IMHO not as reliable as USB

Here is a general guide
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...-10-import-photos-and-videos-from-phone-to-pc

I may be missing the point but I cannot see why with windows 10, you would need to complicate the issue by using Adobe Cloud

#6 ·
It should be the same cable. You may need to change a setting on your phone to allow the computer to access your files.

If you have a Google Account tied to your phone, you should also be able to upload it to Google Drive and get the files to your computer that way.

Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription based software and if you don't have a subscription, then there is no need to have the program installed. I would suggest removing it.

#7 ·
I agree
What is the make and model of the phone
As my colleague says, and it is the case on mine - you select on phone settings, connectivity and then you have charge, transfer files, etc.

#8 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, a pretty old phone.
Using the link you gave me to Microsoft, an app called OneDrive and my phone cable, I finally got the pictures onto my computer. Don't ask me which one worked, I used them all simultaneously!
Something called Adobe bridge kicked in and the pictures from my phone, along with hundreds of pictures I have never seen before in my life, downloaded onto my C:\.
Now that I have my pictures, I will take your advice and uninstall creative cloud and delete all the extra pictures. By chance do you have any idea where they came from or why they were put with my personal pictures? Strange...

#9 · (Edited)
I never use OneDrive, as I never for that purpose use the cloud
I therefore cannot advice you.
However it appears to me that somehow, someone has uploaded images to your OneDrive account
How that could happen, if it is what has happened is beyond me

As far as I can see it is USB and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) setting on phone
https://devicesupport.swisscom.ch/s...files-between-your-computer-and-mobile-phone/

#11 ·
Did you find MTP or USB on your connection.
If so pleased it is sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.