Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asus X751LAV BIOS settings loop

3K views 60 replies 2 participants last post by  Macboatmaster 
#1 ·
My laptop recently got a blue screen of death :( and said Bad config info. I researched on what to do and one of the solutions were to restore to the last restore point I did this and when I came back everything looked fine but everything was working soooo slow. For example, I would open google chrome and this would open 20 minutes later. I right click a software and the options show up like 10 minutes later. I tried factory resetting my pc and it would take a lot of time just to get to the black screen to say resetting pc 3% only to restart and act like as if nothing happened and like I just started my laptop. I closed my laptop took out the cords (can't take out the battery as it is inside) and waited. Then after like 5 minutes I connected and restarted, this showed me the bios settings. I didn't click any buttons at all when it was starting up. I tried clicking save and continue only for it to restart and go back to bios setting. I tried everything. Clicking reset to default and save and continue. Still didn't work. I'm thinking about installing windows 10 through a usb. Thank you for any help.

#54 ·
#56 ·
Cheers, as I said good luck with it
Please do let me know how it goes.

#59 · (Edited)
No the windows 10 will be registered against the hardware hash of the computer and will install without a licence key and activate as the hard drive is not a regsitere dpart of the hardware hash of the computer

Basically the hardware hash is the motherboard and CPU, as far as major changes are concerned

Even if you have difficulty which I do not expect, with automatic activation - then if you have a Microsoft account on the PRESENT windows 10 you follow this procedure
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

If you do NOT have a Microsoft account on the existing windows 10, then you cannot use that account activation troubleshooter on the new drive installation - even if you establish a Microsoft account on the new installation.

As I said I DO NOT expect any difficulty. If you should however find a problem you then follow this
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20527

#61 ·
You are welcome
Pleased to have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.