Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer doesnt run games well after clean refresh

775 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
Hello, my friend recently gave me his computer, and i reset it so I can clear any problems with it. When he gave it to me, he said that he remembers it being very slow, especially when/if it overheats (see later below).

I recently had someone I know check the inside of the computer, and she said that it looks fine inside with no real reason for overheating. This may not be an overheating issue, thats just what my friend thought it was, but im pretty sure it is a firmware problem.
He says he may or may not have messed with the bios, and I am not familiar with that kinda stuff.
Some examples of how I know the computer is slow is that csgo on all settings on low and 4:3 800x600 ranges from around 40-70 fps, and I cant run dolphin emulator above 30 fps (this is my first time trying to run it tho)

Can i please get some advice on how I could diagnose and fix this problem?!?

Specs:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200325222424.000000-420
Processor: AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 48 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 442 GB (382 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. F2A88XN-WIFI, ver x.x, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#2 ·
Rectangle Font Paper product Circle Brand

This is the performance score and power usage of the AMD A10-7850K APU processor in your computer.
It has AMD Radeon R7 integrated graphics.

Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363 64-bit was installed in your computer on March 25, 2020.
Was it a clean install or an upgrade install?

The processor and integrated graphics device in your computer doesn't have the "horsepower" that's needed for a quality gaming experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
View attachment 275404

This is the performance score and power usage of the AMD A10-7850K APU processor in your computer.
It has AMD Radeon R7 integrated graphics.

Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363 64-bit was installed in your computer on March 25, 2020.
Was it a clean install or an upgrade install?

The processor and integrated graphics device in your computer doesn't have the "horsepower" that's needed for a quality gaming experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------
The "install" on march 25, 2020 was just me going to the reset and delete files option in windows settings. I have since updated to the latest version that windows update has gave me.
I know the specs of the computer arent going to give me a top quality expirence, but that is not the problem I asked. On my other computer which has way worse specs and no graphics card, I am getting similar results gameplay wise. My friend game me examples of games he used to be able to run, but cant anymore. One of them is dark souls, a game that i have no doubt couldnt run right now. I would just like help on diagnosing a problem for why its being slow but i dont know where to start. Thanks tho.

#4 ·
That motherboard/processor are designed for basic use ie running office, email, etc NOT any type of gaming. There really is not anything you are going to do to make that a gaming system.
An increase in ram to 16gig will have some effect on performance however it will never be a system for running games.

#6 · (Edited)
Perhaps I am missing something however I do not see where you stated it used to run faster.
When he gave it to me, he said that he remembers it being very slow
It would appear from your post it was always slow.
On my other computer which has way worse specs and no graphics card
You have no video card. You are using onchip video which is part of the processor.

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values?

#7 ·
Perhaps I am missing something however I do not see where you stated it used to run faster.

It would appear from your post it was always slow.

You have no video card. You are using onchip video which is part of the processor.

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values?
Thank you for the reply. How can i check for these values?

#8 ·
Go to the support page for your board;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A88XN-WIFI-rev-30/support#dl
Download and install system information viewer. Note you must install app center prior to installing siv. The temps and voltage info is available in siv.

Post this info twice; once under a normal load and again while running a stress test ie prime95, OCCT, or realbench [all free downloads] Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temp/voltage.

#12 ·
There has to be something else wrong. My friend was able to run dark souls on this machine. Also yesterday, my computer started freezing up and I had to restart my computer because it was unusable. All i had was a couple of google chrome tabs open and when i checked task manager i remember the disk being 100% for some reason.

#11 ·
#14 ·
Select Your operating system Windows 10 , 64 bit. I would do the Chipset driver first and run it and save the others for back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.