Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor battery life on new laptop

697 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  mtg360 
#1 ·
I purchased an HP notebook 15t last November. I use it strictly for internet and emails. I use it as my desktop by plugging it in to a full size monitor. The first half dozen times I ran it down to about 15 percent to optimize the battery. Since that time, it is plugged in all day and shut off at night. The laptop works fine, however, I have recently noticed that when I unplug the laptop, it only lasts about five and a half hours. Is this normal? I ran the optimizer test on the HP website and the results say the battery is working fine. I believe the battery was working much longer when I got the laptop. Can anyone comment on this? I did purchase an extended warranty, but I don't know if this is a warranty issue. Thank you.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191205002103.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (59 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 84A6, ver 80.43, s/n PHJFBC2MYD2765
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n CND9480C6T
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#2 ·
What is the exact product number(P/N) on your "HP notebook 15t"?
Once your notebook is correctly identified, it will be easier to help you.

You should seriously consider getting rid of Avast Antivirus and sticking with Windows 10's built-in antivirus app: Windows Security aka Windows Defender.
Windows 10 can have various issues (especially in notebooks) when using a third-party antivirus app.
Windows updates failing to install and battery issues are 2 primary symptoms.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
According to the serial number in your log and the product number you submitted:
You have THIS HP 15t-da000 Custom-To-Order Notebook PC
It was purchased on November 29, 2019 and still has about 9 months left on its warranty.

See if THIS article is of any help to you in addressing your battery issue.

Personally, I would be very happy if the battery in my Dell notebook lasted for 5-1/2 hours.

---------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
Although I use Avast for my passwords, they seemed to have taken over my virus protection as well. How do I switch to the Windows protection, I don't see where I can remove Avast without removing the password protection I am paying for and I like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.