Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wifi issues

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SBriggs 
#1 ·
Hi, my Dell laptop is unable to see my home wifi, it can pick up 11 other wifi connections in the area and I can connect it to my mobile hotspot and it works, just not my home wifi. I have connected a new phone to the network also with no problems

#3 ·
I'll go out on a limb (based on lots of similar problems) and guess that your wireless network is on channel 12 or 13 and your Dell laptop can only use channels 1 through 11. If this is the case you may be able to use the higher channels with a different driver or a settings change, but it's probably easier to just change the router (or wireless access point) unless that gives you a more serious interference problem.

#7 ·
Thanks for the update.

Too many connected devices could certainly cause problems, but I have difficulty believing that "hiding" the network is one of them. Keep your eye on it, as this may actually be one of those aggravating problems that keep showing up in different ways.

#8 ·
I have also installed a wifi analyser app on my phone and when the problem arises I change the network channel and that sends to fix it. The channel strength changes so regularly that it is super annoying but atleast it is now a reasonably quick fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.