Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unidentified network no internet connection message

604 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Constantly receiving "unidentified network no internet connection". Am using TPLink Powerline adaptor .

http://tplinkrepeater.net/ :"
Option Two:
In case both Wi-Fi network names are the same (e.g. MyHome on the router and MyHome on the range extender too), you may access the management page by using the Ethernet connection or range extender's LAN IP.

1. By Ethernet connection if applicable: turn off the Wireless Connection on your computer, connect your computer to the range extender with an Ethernet cable and try http://tplinkrepeater.net;
  2. By LAN IP: go to the DHCP Client List on your router, check the range extender's current IP and type it in the address bar.
Have tried above but to no avail.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200123222945.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (417 GB Free); D: 0 GB (0 GB Free); F: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC, ver Version A0, s/n C0B633KA
System: TOSHIBA, ver TOSHIB - 4, s/n 6B065903H
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#2 ·
Please describe your LAN from modem to computer; include brand and model of devices.

You have mentioned one powerline adapter and a Repeater/Range Extender and I am not understanding their places in your network.

#3 ·
Powerline adaptors work in pairs (I used to use two or three together, currently using two. One on the first floor and one in the basement) and they should be the same model. One is connected to the router by ethernet and the other in a different location.
If you are using only 1 powerline adaptor and then a 2nd unrelated wifi extender/repeater that might be why you have a problem.
Please post the models of the 2 TP hardware devices you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.