Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
My PC is a standard laptop with windows 8.1. Problem gmail. none of the top bar buttons work.
I cannot access config or read older e-mails. I cannot generate the screen to write an email.
cannot move or eliminate. It is only this laptop. GMail works OK on another laptop.
Problem started recently. I cannot recall updating anything but it could have happened.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The laptop is Samsung AMD E1 1200APU HD Graphics 1.4 Gigs
Memory 4GB Windows 8.1 2013.
This has been working fine until a couple of weeks ago Gmail also works on my partner's laptop which is older than mine. Steamage!!
I keep getting popups to update windows and I think some install alone.
I have other little glitches so I downloaded an Antivirus said to be free. It was not from memory AVG. Took a long time to remove it. Do you know of any free (Difficult to buy from here) system that can sniff through the registry??
Any help will be appreciated. Look us up on (link removed by Administrator)
If you help I will send you a Handroll by e-mail:)

#7 ·
Thanks friend I will give it a try. The simple solution is to erase the disc and start all over again. The problem is that I have a very old programme called Photoimpact. I use this for the web page. It took a long time to get windows 8.1 to accept it. Hence I would prefer to find out what changed.
Thanks again

#8 ·
elGuruPichidangui,

I edited your post above with the link to your website as that is not relevant to the issue at hand and constitutes advertising which we do now allow. We also don't allow exchanging of rewards as all of the assistance is provided here free of charge by volunteers. Thanks for understanding.

#9 ·
jebc,

We do not recommend using this type of software which is similar to a registry cleaner so please refrain from mentioning it when providing assistance here. In any event, it wouldn't be helpful here because you have to create an image before you install something and then after to see what changes have been made and it's too late in this case. Thanks for understanding.

#12 ·
jebc,

We do not recommend using this type of software which is similar to a registry cleaner so please refrain from mentioning it when providing assistance here. In any event, it wouldn't be helpful here because you have to create an image before you install something and then after to see what changes have been made and it's too late in this case. Thanks for understanding.
I am deeply sorry for any wrongdoings I may have committed. I also think it is just a registry checker, not a cleaner. Please explain if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.