Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Removed Avast Can't Get Back Win Defender

851 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  mtg360 
#1 ·
I had Avast Antivirus on my machine, I uninstalled it and when I want to get Win Defender back it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization." There is no organization, it's just me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191205002103.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (60 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP 84A6, ver 80.43, s/n PHJFBC2MYD2765
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 0, s/n CND9480C6T
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

#6 ·
That message could be indicative of malware. However, you can try removing the policy set by the Administrator which involves editing the registry. Follow the instructions in the below video and see if there is such a policy at the location indicated.

You can make a backup of the key by exporting it to your desktop before making any changes.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
I just did that and I still have the same issue. I am also wondering if I need to change back my registry from what I was recommended by Blues_Harp 28 above, or can I leave that alone? Here is a print screen of what I am currently getting when I check my Windows Defender settings. I seem to have the Firewall but no anti virus.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Line

#12 · (Edited)
Good to hear - thanks for the update.

To backup the registry - if you need to in the future.
In the search box > type regedit > right click and 'Run as Administrator'
In Regedit > Click on File > Export > Save to your desktop.
Give the file a name, today's date would do.
To replace the registry you have a copy on your desktop. You would right click that file and select Emerge. Edit 'Merge' not emerge

#13 ·
Good to hear - thanks for the update.

To backup the registry - if you need to in the future.
In the search box > type regedit > right click and 'Run as Administrator'
In Regedit > Click on File > Export > Save to your desktop.
Give the file a name, today's date would do.
To replace the registry you have a copy on your desktop. You would right click that file and select Emerge. Edit 'Merge' not emerge
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.