Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc start up fail

272 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I built my new rig yesterday with some old parts and some brand new upgrades. So I got a new case with a brand new gforce Nvidia 2060 GPU. 2x8gb of ddr4 ram. A new PSU and motherboard. I used my old i5 8400 with my old ssd and hard drive. And as soon as I switch it on it brings me to the “pc didn’t start up correctly blue screen” I tried putting in my old ram and using one of the sticks by itself another time. And this isn’t changing anything. I’ve ensured all the cables are well fitted to the MOBO and nothing’s changing. So then I tried resetting my pc completely and this won’t allow it either as is says there is a problem reseting this pc. It also won’t allow me in safe mode due to having BIOS. So far I have basically destroyed my old rig to be able to build my new upgraded which cost me hundreds of pounds. If anyone could help me out with anything it would be greatly appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
You need to list the exact parts you used ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

BTW if you are attempting to use a previous windows install with a new board, that almost always leads to problems [unless you follow the procedure outlined at the top of the forum for swapping a motherboard without a clean install]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.