1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

“Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Alex Ethridge, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

For some reason unknown to me and that I cannot associate with anything at all, I am now getting this error when attempting to access the shared resources on only one of the six systems on my network:

“Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

I found this page on the 'net and scores of others echoing the same instructions to make registry edits on all other systems--except the inaccessible one; but, it just does not make sense to me that there is something wrong on all other systems simultaneously. To me, it seems like they're saying, "Okay, so you have one broken machine; so go fix all the machines that are not broken and leave the broken one as it is.". It makes more sense to me that something has gone wrong on the one inacessible machine and that it is the one that needs fixing.

The machine with inaccessible resources is running Windows 2000 Pro as well as two other systems. Another system is running Windows XP Pr0 and another, Windows Vista Ultimate and the result is the same on all systems.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That key is generally correct, but there's a bit more for a complete patch.

Try this.

- Start, Run, REGEDIT
    - Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
    - Edit the IRPStackSize
    - Set it to a DWORD value of 15 (or more, valid range 11-50), I use 20 here.
    - NOTE: If IRPStackSize doesn't exist, create a new DWORD entry for it
    - Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    - Set the PagedPoolSize to 0
    - Exit REGEDIT and reboot

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Which machine am I supposed to make these registry edits on, the inaccessible one or all five of the ones that work correctly with each other?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The inaccessible one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice