“Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

epicaditya

I recently finished building my first pc, everything is fine but it won’t connect to the internet using ethernet. I tried troubleshooting and it says, “Ethernet” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. I’m using a Power Line Ethernet adapter and I know the ethernet adapter and wire works as it worked on my MacBook. My motherboard model is Intel DH61WW and device manager says my network adapter model is, Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection. I tried roll back and I tried downloading new drivers and I tried most of the things on this site: https://windowsreport.com/ethernet-valid-ip-configuration-windows-10/2/ . But my problem wasn’t fixed and my network still says: “Unidentified Network, No Internet." Can someone please help me with this? I’m on Windows 10.

Attachments

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
what motherboard do you have? There is another user with the same Ethernet controller with the same issue.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Do you have any internet security programs like norton, mcafee, etc?

epicaditya

what motherboard do you have? There is another user with the same Ethernet controller with the same issue.
Just troubleshooted again and a new error popped up along with the old one, "The default gateway is not available"

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK. I suspect that the Ethernet Controller may not work in Windows 10.... or you need an older driver.

Try uninstalling the device from Device Manager and delete the driver if prompted.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...k-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=52963 This is the last known driver from Intel that is listed your adapter (newer versions doesn't appear to have it). Download the 64bit (if your system is not 64bit, use 32bit) driver and install it and see if that helps.

epicaditya

OK. I suspect that the Ethernet Controller may not work in Windows 10.... or you need an older driver.

Try uninstalling the device from Device Manager and delete the driver if prompted.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...k-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=52963 This is the last known driver from Intel that is listed your adapter (newer versions doesn't appear to have it). Download the 64bit (if your system is not 64bit, use 32bit) driver and install it and see if that helps.
I tried doing that already and I used your link and tried again but everytime I uninstall the driver and click on the exe file, it says, "The installed version of Intel(R) Network Connections is not supported for upgrades. You must uninstall it before installing this version." and it puts back the driver I just uninstalled.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
do you have anything in Programs that you can uninstall? I have never seen that message before.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It says setup failed. Error code: 0x80072EE7 Failed to download and install components.
If you don't have a working internet connection (ie wireless instead of ethernet) then that's probably why you got the error. Hopefully a reinstall helps.

epicaditya

If you don't have a working internet connection (ie wireless instead of ethernet) then that's probably why you got the error. Hopefully a reinstall helps.
Yea it's reinstalling now, my internet seems to be fine and the powerline adapter is working for my macbook so idk why it wouldn't work in this case. Maybe I have to buy a new NIC card or i might just go with wireless adapter. What are your thoughts on usb to ethernet?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yea it's reinstalling now, my internet seems to be fine and the powerline adapter is working for my macbook so idk why it wouldn't work in this case. Maybe I have to buy a new NIC card or i might just go with wireless adapter. What are your thoughts on usb to ethernet?
those work seamlessly with basic drivers, but if this is a desktop and you have a spare slot, consider a pci-e ethernet network card instead.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online