“The User Profile service failed the sign-in”

Courduroy

I have tried everything I can think of to fix my problem.

Earlier today went I went to log on to my windows 10 pc, and I got an error that said,“The User Profile service failed the sign-in.” I looked all over the internet for a solution and not one of them would work. They all relied on each other in this messy web of dependencies. One said, “Can’t log in? Just boot safe mode and fix some files : )” And another went, “Can’t boot safe mode? just log in and fix it from there!”
So here is a list of all the things I’ve tried :,) Apologies in advance for formatting and general messiness as I’m on mobile right now.

I went to boot safe mode to try and rename the two .bk and .bak user files in the registry(?) I was told that this might fix the issue. But safe mode was just a black screen.

I clicked on startup repair but that failed midway through.

I tried to uninstall the latest windows update and that also failed.

And finally I tried to reset the entire computer and can you guess what? That failed too.

I even found a command on the internet to enter that would force the computer to boot in safe mode, but that, as far as I can tell, also failed. However now when the computer starts up the screen flashes black for a second and I see, “safe mode” in the corner. But nothing else changes.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense, I’m pretty exasperated and not a tech savvy person. Thanks : )

If safe mode fails you have to re-install Windows. Go download MS Media Creation Tool on a working computer. Run it to generate a DVD / USB memory stick. Boot that and reinstall , choosing Custom and then deleting all partitions. (of course, all your data will be gone)

Courduroy

If safe mode fails you have to re-install Windows. Go download MS Media Creation Tool on a working computer. Run it to generate a DVD / USB memory stick. Boot that and reinstall , choosing Custom and then deleting all partitions. (of course, all your data will be gone)
Thank you : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online