1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

00000000000000s :(

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by retrohippo, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. retrohippo

retrohippo Thread Starter

I've been having some pretty serious problems with my Windows 7 computer for the past month, and I apathetically didn't do anything about them so I probably got what I deserved.
    My computer had been erratically shutting down and freezing. Sometimes, I would have to restart every five minutes. Up until today, I attributed the problems to overheating. From time to time, when I booted, my computer said that it had not been properly shut off (because obviously it had frozen so I had to turn it off manually), and that it recommended I scan. I did every single time, without ever finding a problem. I also don't think I have a virus, because I'm religious about scanning with them (I have AVG).

I hadn't used my computer for about a week because it was too unreliable, but I decided to give it a try today. It booted but the screen suddenly turned black and it's now covered in 0s. I have no idea what to do and I really need your help! Thanks in advance!

2. adamspe

adamspe

Does it go past the Windows Logo? Can you go into Safe Mode?

What about your fans and CPU, are they both running?

Could be a number of things.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

It is to everyone's advantage to use titles that are descriptive and informative. The title often determines if someone responds, or doesn't.

4. retrohippo

retrohippo Thread Starter

It doesn't always get past to the windows logo, though it occasionally does, and when it does I'm able to log into safe mode without any problems. The fans are running - how can I tell if the CPU is as well?

@Elvandil, thanks! That makes sense, I'm sorry I hadn't realized.

5. adamspe

adamspe

Hmm. If the CPU wasnt running then you couldnt do any of that lol.

It sounds like your OS might be corrupt. Have you tried a format and fresh install?

If that doesnt fix it then it may be an internal part, like the harddrive

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice