1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

00E:0028:00000000 what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by freak_chris_03, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freak_chris_03

freak_chris_03 Thread Starter

yes i keep getting that blue screen message when ever i use my cdrw and when ever i log back on to my desktop after starting or restarting my comp...if you can help me it would be greatly appricated and then maybe i can start burning cd's again without that stupid error blue screen..or and another thing if you know any one that can help or maybe a site please tell me..

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

It's a Fatal error. Most likely it is not 00E but 0E

I think you have a typo. Does it refer to any particular VXD?

Any details will be helpful.
    What Burning software do you use? Do you have Adaptec (Roxio) and are you using more than one?

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try this:

Go into the control panel, system, device manager, find your cdrom and look at the settings. If DMA is checked, uncheck it......reboot computer.

4. ~Candy~

Chris, this is the 3rd thread you've opened for the same problem.
    It would be much easier for everyone if you'll continue to post to this one, since you have more replies here.

I've closed the original thread to make things easier:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=60706

5. ~Candy~

Rog's posting and question:

Welcome to TSG f'c'03

When did this problem begin? Have you changed your system configuration recently or installed new cd-rw software?

And what Windows version are you running?

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Chris hasn't quite got the hang of the board yet. He sent me a PM and I answered asking whether he tried uninstalling the cd burning software which originally caused the problem and that he respond to the original thread.

7. HKEd

HKEd

8. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

freak_chris_03 PM'd me and said he was using both Roxio and Nero.

Did you read the link HKED provided?
    Also, NERO and EZ CD Creator 5 You need to choose one or the other. Both on the same Computer can cause problems. Totally uninstall them both. And then decide which you want to use.
    Or try this method.
    I found this article a while back which shows a method to use both on the same computer FROM
    http://www.cdrom-guide.com/ubb/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20001203-7-008538.html

And please read HKED's Link in the post right above this. It sounds like the same problem. Although you are going to have to do something about having Nero And Adaptec on the same Machine as well.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice