00E:0028:00000000 what does it mean?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

freak_chris_03

yes i keep getting that blue screen message when ever i use my cdrw and when ever i log back on to my desktop after starting or restarting my comp...if you can help me it would be greatly appricated and then maybe i can start burning cd's again without that stupid error blue screen..or and another thing if you know any one that can help or maybe a site please tell me..

It's a Fatal error. Most likely it is not 00E but 0E

I think you have a typo. Does it refer to any particular VXD?

Any details will be helpful.
What Burning software do you use? Do you have Adaptec (Roxio) and are you using more than one?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Try this:

Go into the control panel, system, device manager, find your cdrom and look at the settings. If DMA is checked, uncheck it......reboot computer.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Rog's posting and question:

Welcome to TSG f'c'03

When did this problem begin? Have you changed your system configuration recently or installed new cd-rw software?

And what Windows version are you running?

Chris hasn't quite got the hang of the board yet. He sent me a PM and I answered asking whether he tried uninstalling the cd burning software which originally caused the problem and that he respond to the original thread.

freak_chris_03 PM'd me and said he was using both Roxio and Nero.

Did you read the link HKED provided?
Also, NERO and EZ CD Creator 5 You need to choose one or the other. Both on the same Computer can cause problems. Totally uninstall them both. And then decide which you want to use.
Or try this method.
I found this article a while back which shows a method to use both on the same computer FROM
http://www.cdrom-guide.com/ubb/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20001203-7-008538.html
Most people can use Nero and Easy CD Creator together if they do the following (Win98):
Hit Start / Run / msconfig / Startup
Uncheck Adaptec DirectCD
Uncheck CreateCD (optional but I recommend it)
Turn off Auto Insert Notification in Device Manager for all CD-ROM drives
Create desktop shortcuts to start DirectCD and Easy CD Creator or use the Start Menu.
Rename the following .vxd files in Windows\System\Iosubsys to:
Atapchng.bak
Necatapi.bak
Scsi1hlp.bak
Torisan3.bak

If you want to use DirectCD, to avoid problems auto insert notification (AIN) should be enabled for the burner. Reboot after enabling it.

If you want to use Nero after using DirectCD, you can use Cntrl-Alt-Del to remove DirectCD. If AIN is on, Nero recommends disabling AIN, so it is better to disable AIN and reboot before using Nero.

Note that disabling DirectCD from loading at startup does not keep it from loading background drivers, so it is still running in the background. What is disabled is the executable shell that provides auto eject among other control functions. See:
http://www.fadden.com/cdrfaq/faq03.html#[3-45]

In any event, even though it is still in the background, it appears to coexist with Nero if the preceding steps are followed.

And please read HKED's Link in the post right above this. It sounds like the same problem. Although you are going to have to do something about having Nero And Adaptec on the same Machine as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online