0200: Failure fixed disk 0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chitran9

Hello all,

I dropped my laptop by mistake. Looks like hard disk is dislodged. It shows up Failed hard disk while
booting and I can see that it is not showing up the hard disk name either. After that I get this error.
0200: Failure fixed disk 0. I am really scared if anything else is wrong. I know nothing is wrong. Still
I am concerned about my data more than anything. Before taking it to the repair guy I want to be sure
what is wrong so that he doesn't take me for a ride.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Chitra

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You can check if the hard drive is not connected properly yourself. Tell us the laptop's make and model and we can help you to do it.

chitran9

Thanks for the mail. It is Dell Inspiron XPS 501x. It shows up RAM ok and other stuff.
THen it recognizes the mouse and after that this error shows up. It is not recognizing keyboard
either I think. If I press F2 it doesn't get into BIOS. If you need more info, kindly let me know.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
This video shows how to get to the hard drive, you can start at around 2:15 into it. I would take the hard drive out and then reverse that and put it back in, put the keyboard into it's normal position then switch on and see if it works now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4cS8viw0Ho

EDIT : forgot to say that if your laptop looks different than the one in the video don't dismantle it just tell us in your reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online