1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x0000000A error in Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Toti, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI guys

Today we decided to install the new video card in the computer of my roomate, its a ATI3850 AGP 512 MB,
    Ok ... but she used to have a Nvidia card before installed in her computer, well the situation is this:

First : We installed the new video card and installed the software from the disc "ATI" then we rebooted the computer.

Second: Windows boot ok but then when we got the screen of desktop it appeared two little windows with this messages:

The specify module could no be found NVMCtray.dll and The specify module could no be found NCVpl.dll

The seconds after that :eek: a blue screen with the message STOP 0x0000000A and the message of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    and start dumping physical memory to disk.

So we pull out the ATI video card from the computer to see if we can uninstall those NVCpl.dll and MVMCtray.dll but the computer reacted the same way as with the video card
    and give us the same windows with the same messages ...30 seconds after the messages then we get Blue Screen.

:eek: we fell so dumb we didnt knew how to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers correctly and now we got this incompatibility we can't fix , pls. guys sorry :( , but we didn't find the proper uninstaller for those NVtray and Nvcpl :confused: we try our best.

As we say we have like 30 seconds before the normal screen turn into Blue screen and give us the message 0x0000000A error in Windows XP and we try open it in safe mode but we got the same window blue screen as soon we sign in as admin. :( No video card installed now.

Can you help us pls. to fix this , thank you very much in advance and pls. forgive our ignorance about this .

------------
    p.s. Update
    guys do you think that pressing F8 and going to safe mode window and select " last known good configuration " will work ? or not ? I'm not doing anything until we are sure is the correct thing to do , we just thought about this .

Help pls.

Toti.
    :eek:

2. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

So guys

S.O.S.
    Any ideas I been searching between the threads for an answer or solution to my particular case, so I been finding a very varied solutions , but most of them point to a hardware or driver.

Some point to my Bios Disabling caching some other to F8 last configuration this in case of a Faulty driver, that we think we have it , ( becasue of a bad uninstall of drivers "Nvidia" and a new Instalation of a "ATI driver " for a new Video Card "ATI" agp). we did (bump head Twice on table.)

So my trouble point more to a driver trouble , but the problem is that we don't know or we haven't find the way to do the right procedure for this particular case.

We are going to try the "last known configuration" but we doubt that's going to work because maybe we delete a file or folder that the computer needs to run those dll's :eek: we just don't have a clue .
    But is worth the shot :) I will be right back a soon we try this with the results .

Toti
    :eek:

3. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OK ...well

Was worth the try , didn't worked at all (n) :D

I'm going to try to search on the Internet if I can find a solution for this one , because I really don't have an idea how to solve this one. my roomate is going to UNIV now , I have a couple of classes later on the day, but I will be searching for a solution.

Maybe I will run with luck and someone can point me in the right direction here or If I find something kind of similar on my case I will posted prompltly so someone in my similar case can benefit , but for now..... I'm totally :confused:

I don't know if disabling caching and shadowing in Bios will be the key, before going there I'm going to do more research , until run out of ideas .

"sight" oh well .... BRB guys

Toti
    pretty worried girl...Now

4. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Oh my ....oh my ... It doesn't even give me time to go a get a minidump to post it here GRRRRR !!

As soon it get to windows screen I got like 10 seconds before going to Blue Screen and can't open it in Safe mode ....same thing happens but faster , as oon signing in as admin BUM !! Blue Screen.

BRB with more details .
    Oh my......

Toti

5. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Well I havent had any luck for now and nobody had anwser out post here yet :(

I seriously thinking to make a windows fix but im not sure if that will fix this driver incompatibility , I read in another forums , that the guy was going to do it , but he never post back results so ....:confused: not sure about that fix.

So guys any ideas ? pls. help me ... Im trying as much I can to find a fix to this .

thnsk you for any help !!

6. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Ok I been reading and searching into the threads in this forum for an answer but unfortunately I have't find a solution to this particular case.

There's a post says disable memory caching in Bios , I don't even have that option in my Bios?
    I did a search and lots o ppl. have the same trouble with that"fix" .

To my bad luck I can't get a minidump file , I don't have enough time to get one, the blue screen arrive to soon to fast :( , can't even get to Safe mode to try to fix from there or get a minidump file.

And Im afraid that if I make a Windows Fix it's going to get stuck into Blue Screen too.

Im looking around for an asnwer in the Internet but no luck so far , it's very frustrating .

I think im going to take the chance into a Windows Fix , not a reformat for now .

Pls. someone point me in the right direction PLS !!

HELP !!

7. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Oh ok....

no answer yet :confused:

Ok ...Here we GOOoooooo !!

windows fix let see if ti works ...:D

brb .

8. memoryinmotion

memoryinmotion

Have you tried booting into safe mode? This is done by repeatedly hitting F8 early in the boot process, then choosing "Safe Mode" from the list. (You can choose "Safe mode with networking, and that should give you internet connectivity as well).

If that works - go into Device Manager (Right click on "My Computer" / Select "Properties", click the "Hardware" tab, then click "Device Manager")

Under "Display adapters", right click on the adapter, and choose "Uninstall".

Let us know if brings you back to some semblance of normalcy - then we can start from the top. (y)

9. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Yeah, first of all you need to remove the Nvidia installation -- I don't know what you have or haven't done here.

If there are any Nvidia entries in either Add/Remove programs or in the Device Manager -- remove them.

If you continue to get BSODs after this, start in Safe Mode and upload the minidumps here per the instructions below.

Report any other error messages you are getting.

If you are just getting "file missing" messages for Nvidia, run HijackThis and use it to delete any remaining registry startups associated with Nvidia.

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non-system driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

10. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI guys
    HI ROLLIN Rog !! xoxo

ok I'm back with good NEWS !

I made my windows fix and now I can boot normaly with out a Blue screen .

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I don't have my New video card Installed it's a ATI . ok

Now when my windows screen opens is still giving me this 2 errors
    Error loading C:/WINDOWS/System32/NvMcTray.dll
    the specified module could not be found
    OK

Error loading C:/WINDOWS/System32/NvCpl.dll
    the specified module could not be found
    Ok

So I press "ok " and they disappear from desktop and the screen of desktop HOLDS !!
    so no more Blue screen, but still those messages are in there , I went looking for this files in my System 32 but there is not to find them .

Now I can run a minidump, before I Couldn't even have time to press C :/ when Blue screen was on !!! I really have to do a Windows Fix , you guys getting now were I'm now?

So i still don't want to reinstall the new video card because for sure is going to provoque another Blue screen .

So my question now is How can I get rid of this erros ? Ghost files ? do you think i should run a CCcleaner ?

and thasnk you very much to come to give me a hand in this .

Toti

11. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Guys

Im going to run CCcleaner to see if I can get rid of theose pesky dll's files, because those files are going to be the culprit if I install again the video card .

I'll brb with my resulst and by the way hope somone can read my minidump files ;) .
    I was trying to learn but no time :( anyhow I 'll brb with results.

Toti .

12. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI guys well

Good news !!

I ran CCleaner and fix the problem of the modules , now I will resintall the new VideoCard install again the software my windows update , I. E. 7 and I wil brb to describe the steps I did to fix this particular situation I get and how it got fixed.

(y)

Brb guys .

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!