1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x0000007B BSoD while trying to install XP *PLEASE HELP*

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alex1089, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alex1089

alex1089 Thread Starter

Ok heres the story, i have an HP desktop (i dont know the model but could find out) i had Windows XP media edition, but decided to go to XP Pro cuz of some problems with dvd burner (which turned out to be bull) so i get a win XP Pro CD and boot it up, once i get to the partitioning part i get the 0x0000007B BSoD error. So i get some other weird service pack 3 Win XP Pro CD that didnt even ask for the serial number and it goes through fine.

So i use the windows for a couple days and alot of the programs dont seem to work. So i get YET ANOTHER Win XP PRO, boot it up and when it says "Loading Windows" on the bottom of the screen a second later i get the 0x0000007B BSoD error AGAIN. Ive tried a couple other win XP cds, and none of them let me go past the "loading windows" thing.

Now alot of you are gonna say "Google it" or "Search" well i did, ive been googling and reading forums and trying to fix this for the past week, and no luck at all.

Ive ran a memtest86 and in the error report it said i got error on test 5. i tried googling it and nothing seems to work, or i simply dont understand how to "fix" it

So please im in need, can anyone help.

O BTW im not TOOOO good with some of the computer terms, but understand most of it.

- Thanx ill be waiting for a reply

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If the computer uses a SATA hard drive (common in the last year or so) then you need to load the specific SATA drivers at the beginning of the install process when asked

"During the first phase of the Windows XP installation, Setup displays the following message at the bottom of the screen: Press F6 if you have to install a third-party driver"

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you got errors with memtest, then you need to replace the bad RAM. If you have more than one stick, try each of them separately. That may get you up and running until you get new RAM.

Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

4. alex1089

alex1089 Thread Starter

i got a Maxtor DiamondMax 10 (6L250S0) 250 GB. Do i need any drivers for that? (sorry im a little clueless when it comes to hardware)

and im about to run the microsoft memory check

o yea by the way my friend is promising me a vista CD and i was wondering if i can put that on here?

EDIT: ok i just ran the microsoft memory test and it found no errors at all. So umm im lost, can any1 help?

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the Maxtor site for a driver. That is a SATA drive.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/611023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice