1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x000000ed

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by qblitz, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qblitz

qblitz Thread Starter

See below
    chkdsk (no r) worked!!!!
    disk is back --- currently backing up stuff
    But, on boot, it still complains that disk fail is imminent and gives me a choice of boot or setup. this time when i choose boot, i no longer get the blue screen, but rather goes right into windows.

okay,, now the problem is the disk failure imminent. this looks auwfully like a virus. i can't get into standby. i recall a virus problem similiar to this last year. you guys got me out of it.

any suggestions ????

================================
    Okay,
    compaq presario; three years old; all original equipment.

my daughter came home from college and complained that she could no longer boot up. my findings are:

I get "imminent disk failure when i try to normally boot; then, continuing for dos mode -- i get blue screen of death with oxed as the error --- unmountable boot volume ---

Booting off the cd, i go to recovery screen.
    chkdsk /r reports "volume appears to have one or more unrecoverable errors"
    I am now doing a chkdsk (no parms) out of desperation.

Question --- is there a way to save her data?
    how do i proceed from here?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice