Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

0x00000116 BSOD New Build

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MrStumped 
#1 ·
Hi!,

I finished building a day trading PC and had a BSOD last night with a 0x0000016 stop error. The minidump is attached.

System Specs

AMD A6-3650
Asus F1A55-M LX Plus M/B
8 GB DDR3 Ram
Sapphire Flex Radeon HD 6450
2 WD HDD's in RAID1
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze PSU 620Watt
3 Asus Monitors

Clean Install Windows 7 HP x64 with Important updates
Catalyst 12.4 Drivers

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
-Daniel

Edit: This is @ 5/30/2012 @ 3:46 AM

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Lance!,

Thank you for spending some of your time on my thread.

I DO have the latest catalyst drivers from AMD installed, Catalyst 12.4 in fact. After reading about some possible stability issues with 12.4, this afternoon, after the BSOD had occurred, I completely uninstalled CCC and the drivers for 12.4, rollingback to 12.1. I needed help interpreting the dump file, as I am not to terribly proficient with Bugchecks.

The big problem with me and my setup is this machine moves futures around for a living, and a bug check could end up costing me more than I built the machine for if it occurs at the wrong time. So for now, it will have to prove itself with the new 12.1 driver set before it handles any contracts :(

If anyone has any other ideas, I would be more than happy to investigate them, as I now am playing the waiting game.

Oh, one funny thing that was happening, 2 things in fact, the right monitor would flicker randomly just displaying the desktop or 6E charts, and after the computer came out of sleep, monitor 3 would sometimes not receive a signal, no video....

Thanks all,

-Daniel

PS I guess I will swap the card out with an old 6800 GS and see if it is good, if it BSOD's again. THanks Lance1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.