1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x00401000 error, sys32 error, ati8mixx.sys error

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by andyonorato, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyonorato

andyonorato Thread Starter

Ok so my first problem was what I thought the sasser worm. I researched it online and I can't find any traces of it anywhere now. I ran a few spyware checkers and stuff and I think I may have messed with some registries.

Now I cannot access the internet and heaps of things are stuffing up. I disconnected my internet and upon startup get this.

A "Data Execution Prevention" window that closes "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services".

I press OK and that goes away. I found some suggestions online but none of them seem to work. That's my first problem.

My computer runs fine until I connect my internet. It runs alright for a minute or two before I get this error.

The instruction at "0x00401000" referenced memory at "0x00401000". The memory could not be "written". Which has recently been appearing at the same time as AVG saying a threat has been detected at "C:\WINDOWS\drivers\atimixx8.sys"

After this has come up I can press OK to terminate the stop error, or cancel to debug. Either one does nothing but stops my internet from working, and the internet on other computers in my house (we are all on a network). When I try to heal/move to vault/delete the AVG threat, it says I don't have permission.

I've thought about just formatting, but I have seen people who say that even with a format, the problem still persists.

Please help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice