1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x50 error from nowhere

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rockerbruce, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockerbruce

rockerbruce Thread Starter

Hey guys, I've ran into an interesting problem I haven't encountered before. Any advice is appreciated.
    Last night after finishing up my work, I put my computer on standby and went to bed. Upon waking up this morning, I found the computer turned off. When I turned on the computer I heard a clicking and the lights of the CD-ROM/Case etc... flickered. I opened up the case and looked around. I swapped a power supply after a bit of troubleshooting and that solved the problem. My computer booted normally up until Windows tried to load, then it started displaying the symptoms of a corrupt registery. I put in the XP startup disk and booted from the CD. I was going to use to the recovery console to try to repair the corrupted registry, but upon selecting the root drive to work on it throws me into a 0x50 error every time. I am currently running a memtest (though I doubt that will be the problem) and heading out for a few hours. Any ideas on how to figure out what the root fo this would be appreciated.
    Thanks alot,
    Bruce

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Microsoft advises that:

"Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error".

3. rockerbruce

rockerbruce Thread Starter

I'm guessing its the due to the drive seeing as the registry is messed as well

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice