1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x800703e6 - license error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by irritated200, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irritated200

irritated200 Thread Starter

i have used my Toshiba laptop for over 5 months. i have downloaded windows updates with no issue. never have i had an issue with my win xp copy being validated.

yesterday morning when i booted it, it will not let me log on.

when i tries to i get a pop up that says.

Windows Product Activation

A problem is reventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. Error Code: 0x800703e6.

I logged on in Safe mode but it will not let me log on in Safe Mode with networking, same error.

I can only go in plain Safe mode.

I attempted a restore in Safe mode, no progress.

I have not installed any new software or hardware lately.

HELP. I am very frustrated right now. i do not have the win xp install cd, this was a gift. i do have a toshiba disk but i do not want to remove all the stuff on my hard drive.

when i pop the disk in, it warns me it will wipe it clean. i do not have a back up of my laptop.

HELP. HELP.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

This may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232 although it doesn't mention error code 0x800703e6 (0x800703e7 is close but not the same).

Suggested fixes for error codes not listed are shown about 3/4 down the page.

3. irritated200

irritated200 Thread Starter

i uninstalled windows service pk 2 and VOILA, i am back in! :D

i will do a back up but do what next. not quite sure where to go from here! any ideas:confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590245

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice