1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0x800CCC0F Problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Oldtechie, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldtechie

Oldtechie Thread Starter

Error 0x800CCC0F Help! I was on LineOne (dial-up) which later became Tiscali. Tiscali were then taken over by Talk-Talk at which point I sacked BT and went for the Talk-Talk Broadband package. I was still able to use LineOne dial up on the old freephone number as the broadband wouldn't work (too many daisy-chained phones etc) After a while somebody pulled the plug on dial-up, ("Talk-Talk don't do dial-up" said the helpline lady) so I had to sort out the phone wiring. After a bit of hassle I got the broadband to run at about 5.5MB/S. Internet was fine and I could still receive emails into Outlook Express 6. The problem is that emails cannot be sent from OE6 as the "no server error" appears. To send mail I now have to use webmail.:mad: OE6 Incoming server is POP3.lineone.net and outgoing should be SMTP.lineone.net The "help" people (n) say that I should change accounts to POP3.talktalk.net and SMTP.talktalk.net but I don't want to change my email address. Operating System is Windows XP. What I cannot fathom is that if I can send mails OK from webmail there must be a server accepting LineOne mails. I cannot get anyone to tell me whether the port SMTP.lineone.net still exists so all the balls are still in the air so to speak :confused:. If anyone has software to "ping" the server I'd be interested to know the result. Exact error message is below, router is a D-Link DSL-2640R linked by Ethernet cable.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'POP3.lineone.net', Server: 'SMTP.lineone.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Thanks for looking, David.

2. Oldtechie

Oldtechie Thread Starter

Google to the rescue! Anyhow I pinged SMTP.lineone.net and it doesn't echo. Thanks a bunch Talk-Talk:mad:. If I do now have to change my email address it won't be to a Talk-Talk one. Now counting the days til the contract expires.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice