1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0xc000007b error

Discussion in 'Games' started by miljow, Oct 4, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. miljow

miljow Thread Starter

i have some issues with new installed games after i had to reinstall windows 10.

it started all with my computer being weird, twitch stream stopping from working but the chat was still live, couldn't load new pages like youtube, **** would keep loading, tried to restart PC which didn't work either could open the windows start menu and click restart but then nothing happend.

so i had to use the reset button to restart, this happend a couple of times so i tried to do a system restore go back in time.

while doing that it crached or something so i had to reinstall widnows complete and keep my files.

i did and reinstalled browers and all other ****,

couple days later i tried dling and installing new games but they wouldn't open and give me the 0xc000007b error

really need help....

thank you !

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Method 1. Restart your computer
    The first thing to try is restarting Windows. It sounds too simple, but it sometimes yields results.

Method 2. Update .NET framework
    In most cases it's Microsoft .NET framework causing the issues. You can download the latest version of .NET Framework from Microsoft.

When it's installed (or re-installed) reboot and try your app or game again.

Method 3. Enable Administrator rights
    Try running the game or app with admin rights. To do that, right-click on the shortcut or the actual executable for the game, select Properties and open the Compatibility tab. Tick the 'Run this program as an administrator' box, and click on OK.

Method 4. Reinstall the app or game
    You can uninstall and re-installing the game or program you're trying to run - simple but sometimes the quickest and most effective way to get rid of the error.

Method 5. Update Windows
    Update Windows. In many cases Windows will automatically update, but to check, head to Control Panel and search for 'Windows Update'.

In later versions, including Windows 10, you can open the new Settings app (just search the Start menu or click the cog icon which appears just above the Windows logo when you click it in the bottom-left of the screen.

In the Settings app, click on Update & Security then you should see a button to check for updates:

3. miljow

miljow Thread Starter

tried all this nothing helped

4. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    My favorite fix is to use ADWCleaner to scan for and cleanup malware. It is fast and free.
    I actually used it myself a few minutes ago because my WIFI was not working
    if found PUP.Optional.Legacy dogpile.com, removed it and rebooted, and now is all good.

5. miljow

miljow Thread Starter

i did the scan and still not working

6. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    How is your update working? Run winver and post the Version and OS Build.
    Has an update been successfully installed lately?
    Regardless of if the windows update has been working or not, you can try the "Windows update reset tool" to fix all manner of issues:
    http://wureset.com

7. miljow

miljow Thread Starter

https://gyazo.com/c2d6f3d05c9ca4a9b00e680365eadec5

8. miljow

miljow Thread Starter

i fixed it by re installing windows completely

9. DoloresGang

DoloresGang

First Name:
    Tim
    The problem occurs precisely when the archives and library files necessary for the execution of the startup algorithm are damaged. In this case it is malfunctions, conflicts, absence of files of Visual C++, DirectX, .net Framework. These libraries serve as a means of launching most applications, so the probability that the error is caused by a problem inside them tends to 100%.
    The solution is to install/update the missing libraries. It should be noted that you need to install not the latest version, but everything. For example, the Visual C++ library must be installed from 2005 to 2015.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice