1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

0xc000007b

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mthumjdo, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

I tried to open ViewNX2 software and got the message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I have searched trying to resolve the problem but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    mthumjdo

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi Mthumjdo

Is your OS 64 bit or 32 bit, if 64, is the program installed in the correct place if 32 bit?

3. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

ozziebeanie, my computer is 64 bit and the software I downloaded was specifically for 674 bit.
    mthumjdo.

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Just wondering if you installed in the correct file, (see pic) just double checking, when i checked that was the main cause of the problem you had, if it is not this, then sorry I can not think what else could be the cause.

Hope someone can help you

Attached Files:

5. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

Hi, your note said see pic. Whatever is there I could not open.
    mthumjdo

6. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Dont know why you could not open I just clicked on small pic below Attached Thumbnails, but i have two install folders on my 64 bit machine, one saying Program Files the other saying Program Files(X86)
    so all the 64 bit programs go into the first one and the 32 bit programs go into the X86 one.

7. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

Yeah, I was clicking in the wrong area. I checked out both files and the software is not in either one. I guess that 0xc000007b is preventing the program from installing there.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice