1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(0xc0150004) errors afer patition copy

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by robal3878, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robal3878

robal3878 Thread Starter

its a bit of a long and confusing story.
    Im fixing a friends computer that has the OS windows xp home sp2 in stalled on a sata hdd
    its an older boart and ther is no bios suport for a boot from the sata hdd.
    unfortunatly the primary ide had been formated so the boot was.. not to good
    if first attemted to copy the partition using partition magic 8 which faild quoting a memory access error whenever i tried to start the copying process. i was useing an external sata to usb 2.0 adapter. after a couple of atemps the partiton disapeard.
    I then pluge the hdd into my own machines mother board, which has sata support and is running xp pro sp2.
    when windows rebooted chkdsk came up and scaned the hdd fix errors and the contents of the drive where visable again. i then copyed the partition, using paragon hdd manager 6 on to the ide drive and put it back into the original system along with the sata hdd.
    the system then booted and when streight into windows.
    only now i have the "application failed to start (0xc0150004)"
    this occours on msnmsgr.exe windows mediaplayer and unlead dvd maker
    i have tried re installing the programs an repair install of windows
    scans with avg free7.5 and avg antispyware 7.7 in safe mode and normal.
    I'm at a loss
    I'll post the hijack this logs from normal mode and safe mode.
    if anyone can help me i'd would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You may not have done a "clean" reinstall of the programs producing the error.

After you have uninstalled them look for any remaining folders and delete them.

You may even wish to look into a registry cleaner, although I don't have any personal recommendations and don't use them myself.

Commonly overlooked are the data folders for such programs in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data

The "Application Data" directory is normally hidden and you have to have "show hidden files" enabled in Folder Options > View

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice