1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1/2 recovered JPEG corrupted

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hazelcorona, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hazelcorona

hazelcorona Thread Starter

Hello,

I took VERY IMPORTANT pictures with my new Canon PowerShot SX160 IS using an old, generic 32gb memory card (that I've never had any problems with). While taking pictures last Saturday, suddenly the playback wouldn't work. Got home, popped the memory card in and all the pictures I took were gone.

I ran a recovery program and 1/2 the files came back no problem (THANK GOD). The other 1/2 are corrupted ( [​IMG] ).

I have found several programs out there that run, show me the preview (YEAH, HOPE!!) and then want BIG MONEY to actually recover the files. [​IMG]

My question comes down to this - are there any free programs, what is the best out there to fix/recover these corrupted files?

2. hewee

hewee

3. hazelcorona

I have looked at that site, not sure if I'm reading it wrong - but it seems that the person running the site does the fixing and isn't accepting any. I see where it says they can be fixed, examples, an area to submit but then a message saying not accepting entries. Why they get damaged, how to prevent in the future.... Am I missing something?
    Also the page hasn't been updated since 2008.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Which recovery program did you you run ???
    Here's some freeware suggestions...
    Once upon a Time .. I got some more by running another recovery program ... It was worth the try

5. hazelcorona

Thanks, I'll try that too :)

6. hewee

hewee

Version: 1.6.1 was Released: 11/04/2012

Anyhow try the other recovery programs.

7. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice