1.8V JEDEC Memory Modules

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rjemery

A few memory module questions:

1) Given a memory module with timing of 5-5-5, is that otherwise known as Cas Latency 5? Is 6-6-6 Cas Latency 6?

2) Which of the two is more performance oriented?

3) Some mobos I am looking at on newegg.com bear the requirement "Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operating with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets." In this instance, "Intel Desktop Boards" are those from Abit or Asus that accommodate Intel CPUs.

Is it sufficient to find DDR2-800 5-5-5 modules running 1.8V or is the JEDEC seal of approval also mandatory?

4) Is 1.8V synonymous with JEDEC?

Thanks.

Assuming you have a working system, you should try 4AllMemory and use their [Check My System] applet.

The applet will return a list with the exact specs for the DIMMs you need to match your system/motherboard.

Note I am not saying you need to buy from them, but their applet is really neat.

rjemery

tecknomage said:
Assuming you have a working system, you should try 4AllMemory and use their [Check My System] applet.

The applet will return a list with the exact specs for the DIMMs you need to match your system/motherboard.

Note I am not saying you need to buy from them, but their applet is really neat.
It's a new system without memory, and that site only tells me the price and ordering information for a compatible memory stick with no further technical information.

I still seek answers to my original questions. Nevertheless, I do thank you for the suggestion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online