1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1 ASP problem 2 be solved pretty urgently - got a University deadline 2 meet!!!!

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Seema25, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seema25

Seema25 Thread Starter

hi,

i have managed to redirect the user to another page(product.asp) once they have logged in via my (login.asp)asp page, and give them records specific
    to their login. i done this by using this little of code:

response.Redirect "product.asp?"&loginrs(0)

and it works fine. what im trying to do is when the user gets to this page (product.asp) they have links to other pages like "add a product etc.....". once im in the add a product page i can add the product fine. i am trying to do a link back to the same product page and show records specific to their login. i have no clue how to do this. any ideas??? i have tried to do a simple a href back to the product page but it comes up with the error because of the querystring (shown above).

this is the line of code which i have used in product.asp to call up the querystring from login.asp.

cmdTemp.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Products, category WHERE products.categoryno=category.catno and Loginno="& Request.QueryString

any ideas on how i can do this??? if u need any more infor free feel to ask?

thanks

seema
    :mad:

2. Rockn

Rockn

What's the error exactly. I don't think you can do what you are trying to do unless you use session variables. Another idea might be to use a different page than the input page to process the code in your products and then redirect them to the page again.

1) Products.asp has only text boxes and whatever else you want with a submit button that sends the info to the processproducts.asp

2) Create processproducts.asp....no html at all so all it does is process the code from products.asp and if everything is entered in the database correctly, redirects to the products.asp page again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64602

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice