1 Machine needs to see workgroup and Domain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pfiltz

I have a machine runnint NT4 that is conencted to a small hub, which needs to see a DOS machine running some type of CAD program on it. This is a workgroup called CAD.

I installed another NIC card in it, and changed it from a Workgroup to part of the local domain within the building. I can get either or to work but not both. If I make it part of a workgroupd CAD, he can see the DOS machine attached to the small hub within that office.

If I change it to be part of the business Domain within the building, it can't see the CAD workgroup.

Is there a work around?

Regards,

if you have correct tcp/ip settings, this could be the master browser issue. Actually, you don't need two NICs. or you may use browstat to troubleshoot it or check these pages for the details,

computer browserYou have a master browser issue if you have the following symptoms. 1) If you can ping a computer ... Resolutions: This is mostly like master browser issue. ...
www.chicagotech.net/browser.htm

troubleshooting computer browsing issuesResolutions: This is mostly like master browser issue. The simple solution is stopping Computer Browser service on the XP. To stop Computer Browser service, ...
www.chicagotech.net/computerbrowsingissues.htm

troubleshooting browser issuesTo disable master browser on W2K/XP, go to Administrative Tools>Services, ... The master browser of a domain is always the primary domain controller. ...
www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingbrowser.htm

pfiltz

Blin, thanks for the info.

In this particular enviroment, I have one office with 2 systems in it. One running NT4.0, and the other Win95. These two machines are networked together through a small hub.

Now I want to let the NT4.0 machine take advantage of our Domain and DSL connection to the internet to FTP files back and forth to his customers. I threw another nic card in the machine, and patched him into our network. If I change his settings from a workgroup [CAD] to our domain, he can see our network resources, but not the 95 machine.

I guess I could configure the 95 machine to see the domain as well, and just be done with it. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online