1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1 monitor (Phillips 32" flat screen), 2 laptops, only 1 laptop detected by monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sundeezl, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sundeezl

Sundeezl Thread Starter

Hello all,
    I have a Phillips 32" LCD (model # 32TA2800/98) that I connect my laptops to with a VGA cable. I usually had my Gateway NV53A (AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series Graphics card) connected and I never had a problem. Recently I connected my Samsung to the monitor and again, had no problems. When I reconnect my gateway the PC detects the monitor but the monitor does not detect the PC. If I switch back to the Samsung it works fine. I have reset the TV to factory default the only way I know how (owners manual). I have unplugged the power cable to the TV for 10 min+. I have changed from a 14 pin VGA to a 15 pin. I have updated all drivers.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!:)

2. Sundeezl

Sundeezl Thread Starter

It appears this one has got them all stumped. I really need help with this one and I am at a total loss. I would be forever in someones debt.

Could it be that the TV has a capacitor that holds the settings for an extended period of time? Maybe I should leave it unplugged for 24-48 hours?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1039481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice