#1 Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000 Fax

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ngultrum

No transport provider found if a cover sheet is selected to be
used. This happens on all users. Works fine if no cover sheet
selected. Happens only on a particular machine.

- Windows 2000 SP3 in a workgroup environment
- Outlook 2000 in CW mode with only 3 services:
Fax Transport
Outlook Address Book
Personal Folder
- Using standard cover sheets

Ngultrum

Thanks Dreamboat. I looked through the first 50 articles and of the couple that apply to my situation, I've already implemented the suggestions.

One interesting thing tho in looking at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256654. It seems to imply that every user who is going to send faxes needs to be in the Local Administrators group. This poses security issues in a peer-to-peer network. How do you interpret this article?

Anne Troy

Anne
Sure looks that way.

Sorry to say, I am NO networking geek.

Might want to check the networking forum.

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online