1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1 router, 2 wireless laptop 1 desktop LAN networking help.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ijlal2, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ijlal2

ijlal2 Thread Starter

hi

i have a router ( 4 Lan ports and 1 Wan Port) and a broadband connection. i connect the cable from Broadband service to my WAN port of router.

Now both my laptops (having wireless networking cards) are networked and can share files from each other. However, my my desktop PC, connected to router LAN port, isn't able to share stuff with the other two WAN networked laptops.
    The broadband service works good on desktop PC. but i cant share my stuff with my laptops.

how can i share my stuff with dekstop PC. the 2 laptops and 1 desktop PC is connected with the same router.

The IP assigned by router to laptops are
    192.168.0.101 and 192.168.0.102.... The dekstop PC gets IP 192.168.0.103..... The gateway for all machines in 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask is also same for all machines.

Thanking in anticipation.
    Regards.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you enabled file and printer sharing on your desktop then you almost definitely have a non-Windows firewall issue.

3. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

Can you ping from pc to laptops/laptops to pc?

Disable all software firewalls on the laptops and pc

Enable file and print sharing on all

see if you can access now.

4. ijlal2

ijlal2 Thread Starter

thanks TerryNET and wanderer..thanks alot.

the ESET personal firewall was enabled on the desktop pc. i disabled it and now I can access the desktop pc files.

but now i am facing with another issue.. When i ping from my laptop to dekstop PC. all things works fine.. the requests are replied properly.

but when i ping from my DESKTOP PC -> laptop. it doesnt respond a single request.

i am not able to access my laptop files from desktop pc. what can be the problem.

regards.

5. ijlal2

ijlal2 Thread Starter

thanks alot guys..

my problem is solved completely.

Regards.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/768139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice