1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1 Short Beep, 1 Long Beep

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zoolarm, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zoolarm

Zoolarm Thread Starter

Hi, Today I replaced my old graphics card with a new GeForce 9500GT and also added a new Kingston 2GB Ram Card. I installed both of them then restarted the computer, since then it has only powered on and playing 1 short beep then 1 long beep. I've tryed everything I can think of ranging from taking out everything new and putting it back to before I added the new items to completely taking out all 3 RAM sticks and reseating them. I'm not sure how a brand new unopened 2GB ram stick that fit perfectly and a brand new right out of the box graphics card can cause a problem like this. I've been through the ins and outs of the internet trying to find a solution but nothing has worked. Hoping someone can think of a unique way to fix this or how it could have possibly happened in the first place. I dont buy anything used everything placed inside my computer was/is brand new when it was purchased. Any help/comments on solutions would be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. Hughv

Hughv

Make and model?

3. Zoolarm

Zoolarm Thread Starter

HP Paviliion p6520y
    Quad Core
    1TB and 1 500GB Harddrive
    6GB Installed Ram
    ATI Radion 4650 Graphics Card(Original Card) before GeForce 9500GT
    AMIBIOS
    400 Watt Power Supply

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. Zoolarm

Zoolarm Thread Starter

Put back old graphics card and rechecked every connection, they all seem fine. Still same 1 short beep 1 long beep from computer.

6. Hughv

Hughv

7. Zoolarm

Zoolarm Thread Starter

The Computer doesnt boot past turning on power button, just lights up then off with the beeps. No Screen.

8. Zoolarm

Zoolarm Thread Starter

Tryed doing the Memtest through the USB download but the computer doesnt power it

9. Hughv

Hughv

Take out everything, add components back one at a time.

10. Zoolarm

Zoolarm Thread Starter

With everything out and JUST power to the motherboard(and power switch), no ram nothing, it still does the beeping. Starting to think its the motherboard. Not sure how brand new products can render a computer useless.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice