1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

1 XP unable to connect to HP5610

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jmaschle, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmaschle

jmaschle Thread Starter

I have several computers on my home network. One of the wired XP Pro computers hosts an HP 5610 via USB. All the wireless computers (XP and windows7) can print to it fine. My wired XP Pro used to be able to print to it until my daughter deleted the printer from the host computer.
    I have since reinstalled all the HP software on that host (and shared the printer) and everyone but my wired computer can print to it. I mount network drives from both machines on each other and that all works fine. I have deleted and reinstalled the network printer several times but when i try to print from my machine, i get a modal dialog box which says "Printing is not available. There are no printers installed. you can select and configure a printer in windows control panel." I look in the control panel on my machine and there is the printer - status "Ready".
    I used to have that printer installed my machine, so i completely removed all the HP applications on my machine and rebooted. I then deleted the printer from my machine, went to that host and double clicked on the shared printer resource to re-install it (just like all the others). It appeared to install just fine and shows up as a printer in the Printers and Faxes.
    But still no worky.
    What the heck?
    Thanks!
    Jeff

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice