10.0 MBPS Connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

United

Hi, I just wanted to know how to manually change my connection speed.
Mine is currently set to 10.0 MBPS, while my friend is using the same ISP and same plan as I am, his connection is 100.0 MBPS.

Thanks.

I'd take being connected at either of those speeds!

Anyway, your looking at the speed of the network adaptor, not the actual transmission speed which is most likely much lower than both.

Look, I'm saying, your transmission speeds from your ISP are most likely 1-7mb/s, so having a faster network adaptor probably won't speed up your downloads.

100 to 1 is your friend is connected to a 10/100 network device and your PC is directly connected to a standard 10mb hub. The only way to know is to know the make/model of your network adapter, the speed catergory of your network cable and the make/moodel of the hub/switch/router your plugged into.

With that being said if your not doing internal PC to PC file transfers you will NEVER realize the difference between the 10 and the 100 speeds. This is where gotrootdude's explination comes into play. Your only as fast as your slowest link.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online