1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

10 will not accept my password to open

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by OleBob, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OleBob

OleBob Thread Starter

When turning on my desk top computer and entering long time password, get message " use last password or go to account live" to fix problem--but if I cannot start the
    computer, how can I "fix" the problem???

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Which password - local account or Microsoft account
    Account Live is Microsoft account you can reset from here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

on this sublink
    https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

if you do not have a Microsoft account then the problem can be solved but unfortunately I or indeed this site will not help in that regard as one of our rules is
    and whilst I appreciate that you indeed may NOT have forgotten it - I hope you will understand that as stated on the rule
    and therefore we will not help.

Unless you find other advice on an other site the only advice we can give if it is a local account and there is NO microsoft account available is as stated on the link

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Further to the above if that message actually says

Your device is offline and then
    Then you may find that if you connect by Ethernet - if by chance you are despite it being a desktop connected wirelessly = that it may then accept the password

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

As Macboatmaster correctly states we cannot (and will not) assist with a forgotten or unknown Password. However, if you know the correct Password, then we can make practical suggestions such as.....

1. If your Password is in lowercase or mixed-case then make sure that CAPS LOCK is OFF
    2. Connect your KB to another computer and make sure that the keys are working (mapped) as expected
    3. If it is a Wireless KB then change the KB batteries and make sure that the KB and Receiver are communicating
    4. If it is a USB wired KB then try a different USB Port, but you must also Restart after plugging into the other USB Port
    5. Try a different KB
    6. If it is a KB error and you don't have another KB then you could use the On-screen KB which is available when you Login

If you try all of the above and it is not a KB problem then unfortunately I am unable to assist further.

To reassure you. Every single case (and there have been many) that I have dealt with, when the User knows the correct Password, it is always a KB issue - I have never personally known any other cause.

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice